Can’t ever go wrong with a bit of black and white. Ever since Alexander Wang showed those marble surfboards seasons back, I feel like marble has been THE rock of choice for a chic touch. Whether it be a marble vinyl to make-over a table, or marble studs; marble is always in style, so why not wear it on your nails?
Now that it’s cooler and I’ve been breaking out the darker polishes, I thought it would be fitting to do a black based marble. I think it turned out pretty well for a first try, super easy and basically fool proof, I can’t wait to try the white version of these in the near future.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED.
- Grey Polish: Ciate Polish in Cream Soda
- White Polish: Deborah Lippmann white polish in Amazing Grace
- Black Polish: Revlon Black Polish in Black Magic
- Toothpick or dotting tool
- Saran wrap cut into small pieces
- Base Coat & Top Coat of choice ( I used Sally Hansen & Seche Vite)
- Prep nails
- Paint 2 coats of a black polish and allow for this to dry
- Take the saran wrap pieces and scrunch it up and dab grey polish randomly onto the black base
- With a toothpick or dotting tool, draw random white lines
- Finish with a top coat