There’s no denying it, the 90’s are back; patches, brown matte lipsticks, and of course choker necklaces. I still remember turning corner store machines to get plastic choker necklaces for $1. But with every fashion revival there’s a new take on it that makes it more modern and edgier. Here’s my take on a wrap around choker necklace/bolo tie.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- suede cord
- jump rings (2 sizes – 4 small ones that will fit your spike loops and one large one)
- hardware fixtures that fit to the cord
- spikes (or other charms)
- pliers + scissors
- Cut two pieces of cord to a desired length that can hang and wrap around your neck. Mine measured at 33″.
- Take each cord, fold it in half and loop knot it around the large jump ring; this is the focal point for the choker necklace against your neck.
- Make sure the ends are even OR make them uneven (see step 4.)
- On each side of the necklace, you’ll have two ends. You can decide to keep the ends even or make different lengths like I did. I cut off 3″ on one of the ends per side to create a more layered look.
- Add the hardware fixtures on the end of the cords.
- Attach jump rings and spikes.
- Wear it!