Carrying the pearl embellished trend into the fall, this is a super cute DIY addition to the jewelry collection! I love ear jackets and earring extenders, so I thought it would be a fun way to incorporate the pearl trend in a similar fashion. I love the dramatic drop with the chain, and because its not permanently attached to any earring stud post or backing you can definitely wear these interchangeably with a lot of earrings your already own! I paired mine with one of my favourite earrings at the moment, which are my 360 Earrings in sterling silver from Mejuri.
If you don’t know about Mejuri, I’m here to put them on your radar. Based out of Toronto, this company aims to provide you with unique, hand crafted pieces of fine jewelry without the fine jewelry price. Everything is minimalistic and everyday wearable, which makes you want to keep it on forever. Its my type of jewelry for sure, ask any of my friends; anything fuss free, high quality and has a “goes with everything” vibe is right up my alley. I’m the type of person to not change her earrings for weeks at a time, and a consistent ring party bearer so it’s only fitting that I would be drawn to the gorgeous pieces created by Mejuri. They come out with new pieces weekly and I have to say, everything is on my wishlist (currently eyeing this)! So if you’re in the market for some quality gold earrings or sterling silver studs to go along with your pearl drop extenders, be sure to check them out! (Here’s a code for $20 credit if you’re interested!)
TIME | 10 mins
COST | $
DIFFICULTY | easy
What you’ll need:
- 2 x 10mm Half drilled pearls (option to use imitation pearl or real pearls)
- Chain (2 x 7cm length pieces)
- Jump Ring
- 2 Eye pins
- E6000 glue
- Wire cutters
- Cut chain to length and attach jump rings on one end
- Attach the eye pins to the other end of the chain
- Trim eye pins so they sit flush against the pearls when inserted
- Dip the eye pins in E6000 and insert into the drilled hole, be sure to get the glue into the hole and have it be a snug fit to prevent the pearl from falling off
- Let dry for 24 hours before wearing
- When wearing, you have the option to put the pearl extender in front of the ear lobe or in the back. Use the earring backing to hold it all in place, feel free to wear these with other studs for different results!
As always, if you happen to recreate these please share and use the hashtag #DECONSTRUT so I can see all your creations! Happy DIY-ing!
This is not a sponsored post, all opinions and ideas are my own.