Diamonds are a girl’s best friend, right? Well I can’t afford real diamond chains but these diamante stand-ins are shining bright and catching the light giving this old bodysuit a new glo up!
I was first inspired by an image I saw of a singer wearing a similar item with dainty rhinestone straps and knew I had to try recreating the look! I love the subtle and dainty injection of glam to this basic outfit and you will definitely see me pairing this with a pair of nice high waisted jeans and calling the outfit done! No need to accessorize, these diamante straps will be all the bling you’ll need!
TIME | 30mins
COST | $
DIFFICULTY | easy
What you’ll need
- Cut off the existing straps on the bodysuit
- Use the cut straps to measure out the length of diamante chain for the new straps
- Cut the elastic, unstretched, 2 inches longer than the diamante chains
- Take your needle and thread and sew the diamante chain to the elastic, looping over and under the metal center pieces that hold the diamantes together
- Sew the finished straps back onto the bodysuit
As always, if you happen to recreate this DIY please share and use the hashtag #DECONSTRUT so I can see all your creations! Happy DIY-ing!