I’ve been dying to try out the flame nail art trend since the summer and with the current self-isolation means of the world, I’ve managed to grow my nails long enough to attempt this! So here’s a fun video that I filmed and some accompanying images. I think it turned out not-too-shabby for a first attempt! I will definitely be trying this flame nail art design out again in different color combos as spring and summer roll on in.
What you’ll need:
- Nail polish
- Nail art brushes (here or similar)
- Prep nails.
- Apply a base coat of choice and let dry.
- Apply one coat of Fairy Tailor to even out the nail color and let this dry completely.
- Take a thin nail art brush and your first color of choice (this will be the outline, in my case white) and draw flame-like shapes on the tips of the nails. Let dry completely.
- Take your secondary flame colour (purple) and carefully fill in the flames leaving an outline of the previous color in Step 4 visible. Let dry 80%.
- Take a shiny top coat and apply generously being careful to not drag the brush too hard across the flames to prevent streaking.
- Let everything dry completely and clean up the cuticles.