Loving the back detail of this Dion Lee 3D Filter Jacket! It’s taken a year for me to finally gather all the materials and things necessary for this DIY but it is finally done! Keep you eyes out for the tutorial coming up soon!!!
Highlight of the October month has got to be Halloween; I love the opportunity to be someone else for one night. Last year I did a tutorial for rhinestone cat ears, this year I thought I’d show you guys another easy headband tutorial that you will want to wear everyday and not just for Halloween. Pair this with a red top and pants or a dress, add a red trident and tail if you’re up for it.
It’s been a hell of a summer, finally getting around to posting this Phillip Lim Tee DIY tutorial I photographed all the way back in June (sorry guys!). I guess it’s also good timing since 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target is coming out soon, so in the spirit of celebrating Phillip Lim’s brilliance, on-wards with the tutorial.
Word of warning: This is not a cheap DIY and is quite time consuming, so gather some patience and the result will be fantastic!
What you’ll need:
- White tee (mine’s from H&M)
- Needle and Thread
- Paint – Red and Black & Paint Brush
- Stencil (artwork file HERE)
- Mesh (optional)
|Trace letters onto shirt|
|Paint in the letters|
|Let the paint dry before continuing onto the next step|
|Layout gems and grommets in desired flower like patterns|
|Sew on the long beads around the neckline|
|Sew on the gems and beads in desired patterns.|
|Install grommets and you’re done. Optional: replace sleeves with mesh sleeves.|
- Print out the stencil, cut and trace it onto your white tee.
- Take your paint and fill in your letters
- Mark and place where you would like your rhinestones and beads to be on the tee. I used this image for reference
- Take your thread and needle and sew down the rhinestones and beads.
- Take your grommets and place them in their desired spots.
- Install the grommets
- OPTIONAL: Replace the sleeves with mesh fabric to get an exact replica of the original 3.1 Phillip Lim Tee.
|Arm Candy: ATOD Bracelets, vintage, MM x H&M watch, DIY Two Tone Bracelet, Aldo Spike Bracelet, DIY leather bracelet|
|Shoes on the left are from Zara (here); shoes on the right from 3.1 Phillip Lim (here)|
|Heels from Zara (here)|
|Bracelets: Shlomit Ofir Rose gold feather bracelet, DIY Fish-bone Bracelet(here), Aldo spikes bracelet, Vintage silver bangle, DIY Two Tone Bracelet (HERE), Forever 21 Cross Bracelet|