In anticipation for my final presentation, I painted my nails to match my project. Blue and silver just like my model. I wanted to do something interesting with some vinyl strips I had leftover from my project and cross decals seemed like a good idea. I love how my nails turned out and it’s a fun and easy way to get cute nail art! (Much better than simple strips and mess free!)
As promised, here is the tutorial for leopard spotted nail art as previously mentioned here. I love the gold base and it pairs perfectly with jewel toned clothing like burgundy and emerald greens. I’ve already gotten so many compliments on this manicure and I’m sure you will too!
- Base coat (Deborah Lippmann – Turn back the Time)
- Gold nail polish (Simons – Khaki Gold)
- Black nail polish (InstaDri – Night Flight)
- Pearly grey colour (the one in the picture I didn’t actually use because I couldn’t get the top off, I ended up using Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in 11 – Lavender Envy)
- Top coat
- Dotting tool or toothpick
Continue reading for steps!
- Paint a base coat to protect your nails
- Apply two coats of gold nail polish
- Let the base colour dry a bit before continuing to the next step
- Take black nail polish and a dotting tool (toothpicks work as well) and draw leopard spots on your index, middle and pinky fingernails
- Take a pearly nude/gray colour and dot it in the centre of each leopard spot
- Let nails fully dry before putting on a top coat.
See my other nail art tutorials here! Let me know what kind of nail art tutorials you guys like and would like to see more of 🙂
Two of my favourite trends for fall are metallics and jewel tones. Lets talk metallics, mixed metals are extrememly popular to accentuate an outfit, rose gold, gold, silver, gun metal, you name it! All stacked together or worn seperatly it adds a little glitz and glam to an outfit. So why not outfit your nails with some leopard spotted gold. I’m a huge sucker for leopard spotted accessories, it just scream fierce!
Nail art tutorial coming soon!
Image from Nail ’em Pretty
Burberry is extremly well known for their iconic plaid pattern. Its a lovely design that’s been applied to bags, coats, and umbrellas, so why not your nails? I’ve done the Burberry pattern on my nails before but I though I’d put a twist on it this time. Usually I paint the lines directly onto my nails, with a lot of practice and patience I can say that I’m ambidextrious when it comes to nail art. But this time around, inspired by nail art stickers I thought, why not make nail art decals and apply it to the nails? Its an easy way to create your own nail strips and no worries if you mess up, just paint another!
Got a hot date or party this weekend? Confetti nail art is a good choice for fun and summery nails.
Nail art is the perfect accessory for your finger tips. It can add a bit of an edge, a pop of colour or just give your nails a little deserved attention.
This confetti nail art is super easy and all you need are an assortment of colourful nail polishes, dotting tool (you could just stick a pin into the back of a pencil, works the same), base coat and top coat. Super easy, just follow the steps after the break!