Original Boots: retailed at $660
It’s been a hell of a summer, finally getting around to posting this Phillip Lim Tee DIY tutorial I photographed all the way back in June (sorry guys!). I guess it’s also good timing since 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target is coming out soon, so in the spirit of celebrating Phillip Lim’s brilliance, on-wards with the tutorial.
Word of warning: This is not a cheap DIY and is quite time consuming, so gather some patience and the result will be fantastic!
What you’ll need:
- White tee (mine’s from H&M)
- Needle and Thread
- Paint – Red and Black & Paint Brush
- Stencil (artwork file HERE)
- Mesh (optional)
|Trace letters onto shirt|
|Paint in the letters|
|Let the paint dry before continuing onto the next step|
|Layout gems and grommets in desired flower like patterns|
|Sew on the long beads around the neckline|
|Sew on the gems and beads in desired patterns.|
|Install grommets and you’re done. Optional: replace sleeves with mesh sleeves.|
- Print out the stencil, cut and trace it onto your white tee.
- Take your paint and fill in your letters
- Mark and place where you would like your rhinestones and beads to be on the tee. I used this image for reference
- Take your thread and needle and sew down the rhinestones and beads.
- Take your grommets and place them in their desired spots.
- Install the grommets
- OPTIONAL: Replace the sleeves with mesh fabric to get an exact replica of the original 3.1 Phillip Lim Tee.
|Shoes on the left are from Zara (here); shoes on the right from 3.1 Phillip Lim (here)|