Everybody loves chocolate.
Everybody loves booze.
Everybody will DEFINITELY love you for giving chocolate + booze.
Stumped for a gift? Yea, I got you covered; we all know you left it to the last minute so why not give them an adult hot chocolate mason jar? Easy to make in under an hour and super quick to pump out multiples of these if you need to gift a whole bunch of people at once! I made these myself for a couple of super close girlfriends (hope you guys liked them!!) and even the boyfriend “borrowed” the idea to make some for his supervisors.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- mason jars (The ones I used were from the Dollarama with a little chalkboard label so you can write the receiver’s name on it)
- candy canes
- mini marshmallows
- hot chocolate mix
- mini Bailey’s sampler (local liquor store should carry these, also Khalua would be a good alternative if you can’t find Bailey’s)
- tags (optional: I used these to write messages/instructions from the hot chocolate mix jar)
- Wash the mason jars and dry thoroughly
- Spoon the hot chocolate mixture into the mason jar until it’s around half full
- Fill the remainder of the jar with mini marshmallows loosely packed
- Set aside a non broken candy cane for later and unwrap the rest, and bash. You will want the candy canes to be crushed into small pieces and/or candy cane dust.
- Sprinkle the crushed candy cane on top of the mini marshmallows so it trickles down between the cracks of the marshmallows
- Add more marshmallows to the jar to pack it in and seal.
- Take your string and tie both the mini Bailey’s and candy cane to the jar.
- Add label/tag. Done!
Time to break out the Christmas decorations! Having moved this year to a new city I don’t have any Christmas decorations on hand so I thought why not whip up something quick and easy with some holiday sparkle.
I spotted these plastic snowflakes at the Dollarama the other day and was surprised at their quality, obviously this meant I had to get them. Once at home I was humming and ha-ing over what to do with them and my boyfriend actually suggested to make a garland out of them! It turned out SUPER pretty and I want to run back to the Dollarama to get more snowflakes! I have this strong urge to cover my whole apartment with this simple yet festive garland (Cost less than $2 to make, looks like you paid wayyyyyyy more)
Who wants one? I’ll make one for you because they are way too pretty to keep just to myself!
|Wearing: Joe Fresh sweater, DIY Neckwarmer, Garage Socks (here)
Holiday nails in a festive plaid as part of the countdown to Christmas! Can’t believe Christmas is only 3 days away and I still haven’t completed all my holiday shopping (eeek!). Anyone else scrambling to get those last minute holiday things done as well?
As Jenna Marbles would put it, I’m being ‘festive as f***’. For those who haven’t seen the video “What a Girl’s Nail Art Means” click here. I highly recommend it!
Holiday nails are a must and clearly I have way too much time on my hands… but here’s a quick and elegant Christmas nail art design that doesn’t have the tacky green and red combination that makes me cringe at this time of the year.